Tuesday, December 8, 2015

White Kitchen LOVE!

I realized I never updated you on my kitchen! Needless to say we've been busy living life. Funny how that happens. Do you ever struggle as a blogger to get it all done?
©Texas Revamped - all rights reserved

Do you remember the before?

Builder basic cabinets, with orangey oak tone coloring circa early 1990. Laminate countertops with a tiny little island that could accomodate 2 bar stools. Old half broken appliances in basic white. Zero, zilch personality.

So, I had to Revamp it! ;) I love how it turned out. What we did. Bought cabinets on Craigslist and added to the island, creating glorious storage! Completed the island with a custom farm table top and paint finish. Relocated the wine rack. Trimmed out all the cabinets with crown molding, purchased at Lowes, and base trim molding, enclosed the area above the sink with a custom cornice board that I created custom for the space with wood and trim. Painted all the cabinets in a creamy white, Sherwin Williams PURE White SW7005, topped with a beautiful granite picked at the granite yard where I contracted a cutter to cut and install. Additional can lighting and two pendant lights, all new appliances including my new gas range (Appliances are all Samsung Appliances including the Samsung Smart Refrigerator RF28HMELBSR, purchased through Lowes! Completed the look with a beautiful and sassy faucet from Wayfair and Daltile subway tile backsplash. 

©Texas Revamped - all rights reserved

©Texas Revamped - all rights reserved
Do you see the space behind the sofa? There used to be a short 28" poy wall. I added custom millwork to create a bookshelf area and topped it with granite. Now it is a functional space that showcases my cookbooks and a few favorite accessories and is a perfect spot for drinks or desserts when we are entertaining.

©Texas Revamped - all rights resesrved 

This once dated, boring space is now functional, full of storage, and beautiful! It makes me happy to walk into this room everyday. I love cooking and entertaining in my kitchen. What is your favorite thing? What do you love about your kitchen?


No comments: